SPACE is a non-profit, charitable membership organization and is funded through membership dues and gifts, grants, and other private sources.
Choose your membership level from our opportunities below:
|River Birch Society||$500|
Here are just a few of the benefits that you are eligible for as a member of the Spartanburg Area Conservancy:
- The first and most important benefit is knowing that your contribution will help preserve a very special part of Spartanburg County.
- Contributions to SPACE are fully tax deductible as allowed by law.
- SPACE Member car decal
- All members will receive a 1-year subscription to The Greenway Journal updating them on the progress that SPACE has made.
- Members will receive advance notification of all SPACE activities and programs
- Members will benefit from several members-only brown bag lunches to meet, greet, and network with others on our special SPACE properties
- All members will receive invitations to SPACE’s annual events.
- Members who give at the Maple Society level and above ($100+) will benefit from $10 off tickets to our annual events.
Remember a loved one with a Granite Bench
SPACE is pleased to announce that members of the Spartanburg community looking for a lasting way to honor a loved one can donate a granite bench to be placed on one of SPACE’s nature preserves.
You may have noticed the striking benches around downtown Spartanburg. These granite pieces, which are around 120 years old and originally used for curbing, are resurfacing in several areas around the city. Thanks to a donation from Converse College, we are able to offer eight such benches on our nature preserves. For a donation of $1,500, a bench with 26 letters of engraving will be placed in honor or memory of your family or friends on the Edwin M. Griffin Preserve, Glendale Shoals Preserve, or Upper Chinquapin Greenway.
Several possible locations for these benches have been identified, and your input will be helpful in choosing the right location for your bench. Please call Amanda at 948-0000 for more information on how to remember a loved one with a granite bench on a SPACE Preserve.
Private land conservation can create significant tax benefits for landowners. To learn more click here.Learn More
SPACE is a nonprofit, charitable corporation, supported primarily through donations from private donors like you. Keep Spartanburg Wild: Support SPACE!Donate Now
Newsletter Sign Up
Sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.