- Contact Us
The Glendale Shoals Preserve was donated to SPACE in 1993 by Billy Tobias. The land consists of thirteen acres and is located at the old Glendale Mill on Lawson’s Fork Creek. The property is scenic, with a waterfall that cascades over a dam, and has significant plant, animal, and bird life. When the water is low, walk across the shoals, skip some rocks, and enjoy the view.
In addition to the scenic value of the property, the history of this area is significant. In the 1800’s the area was known as Bivingsville and was the site of a large cotton factory, the Glendale Mill, which also supported a local mill village.
Covers a 1.5 mile stretch of Lawson’s Fork Creek and several feeder streams.
Located at the old Glendale Mill on Lawson’s Fork Creek.
Located on the headwaters of the Chinquapin Creek across from the Milliken Research Center.