Purchased in 2006 with money from the South Carolina Conservation Bank, the Upper Chinquapin Greenway is 36 acres located on the headwaters of the Chinquapin Creek across from the Milliken Research Center. The Chinquapin Creek is a tributary stream of the Lawson’s Fork and was the source of the city of Spartanburg’s first municipal water system in the late 1890’s.
Adjacent to the Spartanburg Regional Hospital System’s Hospice home, the Upper Chinquapin has 1.6 miles of walking trails. It is the home of a rare plant, the dwarf heartleaf, and has a diverse stand of ferns and hardwoods, including longleaf pines.
Covers a 1.5 mile stretch of Lawson’s Fork Creek and several feeder streams.
Located at the old Glendale Mill on Lawson’s Fork Creek.
Located on the headwaters of the Chinquapin Creek across from the Milliken Research Center.